INRIX® Traffic App
What do we collect and when?
- All information you submit through forms in our app e.g. your email address, destinations, and your favorite contacts for arrival time notifications
- All traffic incident reports you submit to our user community, the time and date of your report, and the geographic location from which you submitted that report
- The real-time geographic location, time, speed and heading of your device. We collect this information while you have our app open as an ingredient to our overall traffic data that benefits our entire user community. In doing so we also collect your device’s unique identity and security numbers but to help safeguard your privacy, we automatically replace the identity number we hold every 60 minutes and the security number every 24 hours.
- any other information your app store provider lawfully shares with us
If you do not provide this information to us, you will not be able to use some or all of the services provided by our app.
How do we use it?
We use the information we collect:
- To provide you with our app’s traffic information services and personalise them to you
- To inform people of details relating to your journey, where you have instructed our app to do so
- To calculate your speed and direction of travel in real-time during any journey you take, which we then add to other information to calculate the overall traffic conditions on the roads along which you travel
- To inform our other users of traffic incidents you have reported to us;
- To contact you about our app and our other products and services from time to time where you have agreed to us doing so
- To respond to any questions, suggestions or complaints you have
- To perform our contractual obligations to you
- To monitor use of our app and help us improve it
- For administrative, historic research and statistical analysis purposes relating to our business.
Who do we share it with?
We are not experts in everything (although we’d love to be!) and so cannot run our business without involving other people and businesses. We may share the information we collect:
- within our group of companies
- with other people and businesses who help us provide our app and related services to you
- with any new business partners we may have over time (e.g. for a joint venture, reorganisation, merger or sale affecting us)
- with our professional advisors (e.g. lawyers and technology consultants)
We also may share the information we collect:
- where we are legally obliged to do so (e.g. to comply with a lawful government request)
- where we may lawfully do so.
Any traffic incident report you provide to us through our app will be shared with our user community. We will also share the date and time and geographic location of your report. This information may include your chosen nickname, but not your real name (unless part of your nickname).
We may add information we collect from you and your device to that from our other users, to give an overview of all or any part of our user community. Where we do so, we shall ensure that all information used in that overview is anonymous. We may share these anonymous overviews with any other person or business at our discretion.
Please note that your mobile phone network provider and the provider of your online app store may also be able to access some or all of the information we collect in the course of providing their services to you. You should read their privacy policies for full details.
How do we receive and store it?
All information we collect originates with your device and is transmitted to us by your mobile phone network provider. Once received by us, we use appropriate procedures and technical security measures (including archiving and anonymisation techniques) to safeguard the information we collect that relates to you individually or allows you to be distinguished from our other users.
We are a business based in the United States of America and our app is available globally. To allow us to run our business on this basis, the information we collect will be transferred to, stored and used at premises in the United States of America and other countries around the world.
Please note that information protection laws vary from country to country. In particular, the law of the country in which you are resident or domiciled may offer a higher standard of protection than the law of the United States of America and/or those other countries in which we store and use the information we collect.
By using our app you agree to this transfer, storing and processing.
How long do we keep it for?
We may retain information for historic research and statistical purposes for as long as we choose (which could be indefinitely).
We may retain anonymous overview information (as described above) for as long as we choose (which could be indefinitely).
Otherwise, we will only retain original information we collect for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which it was obtained. See “How do we use it” above for these purposes.
It is your responsibility to ensure that the information you provide to us through our app (e.g. any contact information you provide) remains accurate and up-to-date. Please review and correct this information regularly.
If you have reason to believe any of the information we collect relates to you individually, may be inaccurate, and you cannot correct such inaccuracy yourself through our app, please contact us using the details provided in our app. We will in good faith attempt to correct any such information, save in exceptional circumstances (discussed further below).
Depending on your country of residence or domicile, you may have legal rights over the information we collect from you and your device (e.g. to request a copy of the information we hold that relates to you). We will honour all such legal rights. We reserve the right to charge you a small administration fee to meet our costs in doing so, where permitted by the relevant law.
We reserve the right not to comply with any requests we receive where we may lawfully do so, for example if we reasonably believe a request to be malicious, technically very onerous, to involve disproportionate effort or harmful to the rights of others.
Our full legal name is INRIX® Inc. We are a corporation and are incorporated in the State of Delaware, United States of America.
If you have any questions about our app or the use we make of your information in general you may contact us at:
10210 NE Points Drive
Kirkland, WA, USA 98033
INRIX®IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF INRIX®, INC.
COPYRIGHT © 2008 – 2012 BY INRIX®, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
May 18, 2012