Don’t Be Late! New INRIX TRAFFIC! App for Google’s Android-Based Smartphones Gets You There on Time
Free Download Now Available to T-Mobile and Sprint Customers Following Popular Introduction on AT&T’s iPhone3G
INRIX®, a leading provider of traffic and navigation services in North America, announced the immediate ability for millions of consumers to save time and reduce frustration on their daily commutes with the launch of a free app, INRIX TRAFFIC!, for Google’s Android-based smartphones.
INRIX TRAFFIC! uniquely helps drivers reduce the time they spend in traffic through a better understanding of current AND future traffic conditions. It is the only mobile phone app that combines real-time, “crowd sourced” traffic information from more than 1.3 million vehicles with insight from hundreds of public and private sources to reliably deliver current and expected traffic conditions. Covering more than 160,000 miles of freeways, interstates and highways in 126 cities across the U.S. and Canada, INRIX TRAFFIC! provides drivers with insight into how conditions will evolve over time helping them avoid traffic jams and reach their destination the fastest way possible.
“Nothing’s more frustrating than sitting in your car, stuck in traffic, watching the clock knowing that you’re going to be late and there’s nothing you can do about it,” said Bryan Mistele, president and CEO, INRIX. “INRIX TRAFFIC! is the only traffic app available for mobile phones that empowers drivers to improve their daily commutes knowing they can rely on us to provide them with the insight they need for the roads they care about most.”
INRIX TRAFFIC! is ad-free and available for download from the Android Market at http://www.android.com/market/free-travel.html. The app works with all Android-based mobile phones including the popular T-Mobile G1 and myTouch3G, the new Sprint HTC Hero™ and other new Google Android devices coming later this year.
INRIX TRAFFIC! Benefits:
• Beat Traffic. Nobody likes to be late. Learning there’s a traffic jam when you’re already stuck in traffic provides little benefit. As the only mobile traffic app that provides reliable insight into how traffic conditions are expected to evolve over the next hour, INRIX TRAFFIC! helps you better plan your route so you’re sure to arrive on time.
• Information & Insight You Can Rely On. Unlike some traffic apps that rely on drivers to report traffic incidents themselves, INRIX TRAFFIC! partners with Clear Channel’s Total Traffic Network of on-the-ground professional reporters to deliver comprehensive up-to-the-minute traffic incident and road condition updates in more than 113 cities across the U.S. -- including construction, accidents and other on-road events Additionally, INRIX analysis factors in other traffic influencing events including school schedules, sporting events and concerts, and even uniquely local variables such as the legislative calendar in Washington, D.C, or the convention schedule in Las Vegas to give you reliable insight into current and future traffic conditions. These events can significantly affect drive times; knowing when and where these happen will help better you plan your route.
• No matter where you go, INRIX TRAFFIC! is there. Quickly view real-time traffic flow maps in 126 cities across the U.S. and Canada and on over 160,000 miles of freeways and highways including all interstates with precise accuracy thanks to millions of community members in INRIX’ Smart Driver Network.
What Makes INRIX TRAFFIC! Different:
• You do. As part of INRIX’ Smart Driver Network, our customers play an important role in helping INRIX TRAFFIC! deliver the most comprehensive and reliable traffic information available. INRIX crowd sources real-time traffic information from over 1.3 million GPS-enabled vehicles and consumer mobile devices where it is analyzed along with billions of data points from other public and private sources to continuously update the route maps on the INRIX TRAFFIC! App resulting in the most accurate snapshot of current and future traffic conditions available anywhere.
• Insight from the sources that impact traffic most. INRIX’s unique predictive technology analyzes commonly known traffic-impacting factors including current traffic conditions, weekday, season, holidays and related days, current and forecasted weather, accidents and road construction. However, this analysis extends further to include other events that influence traffic such as school schedules, sports games and concerts, and even uniquely local variables such as the legislative calendar in Washington, D.C, or the convention schedule in Las Vegas to deliver the most accurate, reliable insight into real-time and anticipated traffic conditions on roads throughout the country.
Recently introduced to much acclaim on the iPhone and iPod Touch with hundreds of thousands of users already in its first 90 days, nearly half of them rely INRIX TRAFFIC! daily to help improve their commutes. On average, consumers spend up to eight minutes a day using the app to check current and future traffic conditions.
INRIX® is one of the fastest growing big data technology companies in the world. The company leverages big data analytics to reduce the individual, economic and environmental toll of traffic congestion. Through cutting-edge data intelligence and predictive traffic technologies, INRIX helps leading automakers, fleets, governments and news organizations make it easier for drivers to navigate their world. Our vision is simple – to solve traffic, empower drivers, inform planning and enhance commerce.
Whether through an in-car or smartphone navigation application, a local newscast or our INRIX® Traffic app, our up-to-the-minute traffic information and other driver services reach more than 150 million drivers to help them save time, fuel and frustration. INRIX delivers traffic and driving-related insight, as well as sophisticated analytical tools and services across six industries covering nearly 4 million miles of road in 40 countries. For more information visit us at www.INRIX.com.
Media ContactJim Bak